The planned 16th ECSSMET from 8th to 12th of June 2020 will be postponed to 22nd to 26th of March 2021.
This is how the conference organizer CNES, DLR and ESA is responding to the increasingly acute global situation around the recent occurrence of the corona virus pandemic.We apologize for this notice but the situation has been evolving on a daily basis and the changing circumstances are out of our control.
Please check this website again for receiving updated information, or visit https://www.ecssmet2021.de.
The 16th European Conference on Spacecraft Structures, Materials and Environmental Testing will take place from the 22nd to 26th of March 2021 in Braunschweig, Germany. The Conference is (co-)organized by:
The aim of the European Conference on Spacecraft Structures, Materials and Environmental Testing (ECSSMET 2021) is to promote and facilitate discussion and exchange of experience and information among members of the various mechanical engineering disciplines and environmental testing community concerned with spacecraft development, assembly, integration and verification.
The conference sessions are devoted to:
- Mechanical architecture, design and engineering
- Materials (metallic, composite, ceramics)
- Structural dynamics, including shock and micro vibration
- In-flight experiments and flight data
- Environmental testing and test prediction
- Additive layer manufacturing
- Demise design methodologies
- Thermo-elastic design and verification methodologies
- Space 4.0
The conference includes:
- Plenary and splinter sessions
- Poster sessions
- Round tables and workshops
- Technical exhibition
The conference sessions will start on Tuesday, 23rd of March 2021, and will end on Friday, 26th of March 2021.
On Monday, 22nd of March 2021, three workshops will be held in the afternoon on the following topics:
- Manufacturing and Assembly in Space (On Orbit and Planetary Surface)
- Virtual Qualification
For further information on the workshops please follow this LINK.
Please see also our flyer.
Please Note: The abstract submission will close on the 4th October 2020.
To register for the conference please use the button "Register here" below. To register as an Exhibitor please follow this LINK. You will receive a dedicated invitation code to register via the button "Register with invitation code".